RETURNING TO THE RITZ-CARLTON MAUI, KAPALUA
FEBRUARY 16-19, 2024
Stay tuned for program updates and where to register!
Join leading scientists, photographers, filmmakers, and conservationists February 16-19, 2024, to learn the latest in whale research and conservation - wherever you are in the world! Whale Tales is returning to The Ritz-Carlton Maui, Kapalua and all presentations will be live-streamed for attendees to participate worldwide!
WHALE TALES IS PRESENTED BY
WHALE TALES 2024
Whale Tales is hosted annually by Whale Trust, a Maui-based nonprofit organization dedicated to whale research and ocean education. Whale Tales is both an educational event that bridges the information gap between scientists working in the field and the public and a means to raise funds to support whale research in Hawaii. All proceeds from the Whale Tales event are distributed to selected organizations and students to support whale research in Hawaii through the Whale Tales Beneficiaries Program.
Whale Tales returns to Maui in 2024, hosted by The Ritz-Carlton Maui, Kapalua. Schedule and additional program details coming soon!
WHALE TALES 2023 PRESENTERS
- FRIDAY, FEB. 17
- Jim Darling, PhD, Whale Trust
- Meagan Jones, PhD, Whale Trust
- Marc Lammers, PhD, Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary
- Ralph Pace, Whale Trust/Ralph Pace Photography
- Jo Marie Acebes, PhD, BALYENA.ORG
- Nozomi Kobayashi, PhD, Okinawa Churashima Foundation
- Howard and Michele Hall, Howard Hall Productions
- Ed Lyman, MSc, Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary
- Chris Zadra, MEng, Ocean Alliance Inc.
- Jorge Urbán, PhD, Universidad Autónoma de Baja california Sur
- Gaelin Rosenwaks, MSc, Global Ocean Exploration, Inc.
- Joëlle De Weerdt, PhD in-progress, Association ELI-S/Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Panel Discussion: North Pacific Breeding Grounds
- Flip Nicklin, Whale Trust
Read Full Bios
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When and where will Whale Tales 2024 take place?
Whale Tales 2024 will take place on February 16-19, 2024 at The Ritz-Carlton Maui, Kapalua. All presentations will also be live-streamed for our virtual viewers who cannot attend in-person! Friday the 17th and Saturday the 18th will feature two days of presentations, a community art Expo, a Marine Science Center with hands-on learning from local organizations, and our Silent Auction. Benefit whale watches with the experts will be taking place throughout the weekend!
Will Whale Tales be available online this year?
Yes! Whale Tales will be live-streamed on Saturday, February 17th and Sunday, February 18th to share this educational opportunity with those that are unable to attend the event in-person.
When can I register for Whale Tales?
Registration is will open in fall!
Will you be hosting a Keiki Program at this year’s Whale Tales?
Yes! Our Keiki Program will be returning this year for the first time since 2020!
If you or a business you know would be interested in an in-kind marketing partnership opportunity, please contact us.
Do you have skills and interest in helping with event support and production this year?
Connect us with an ocean-conscious business or contribute a silent auction item! All funds raised during Whale Tales support whale research through the Whale Tales Beneficiary fund.
PO Box 1360
Puunene HI 96784
Whale Tales is a community outreach event produced by Whale Trust, a 501(c)(3) based in Maui, Hawaii. Our tax ID is 91-2144632. Please make checks payable to Whale Trust and note Whale Tales in the memo.